Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day Trip to Toronto - September 1st

After dropping Lucy off in Kingston, we continued on to Toronto for a day trip. Oh boy was I excited. I would get to eat my noodles again! We went to the House of Gourmet place again, of course, the best place to get my noodles. As soon as we got out of the parking complex, which was across the restaurant, we lined up in the tiny lobby/takeout area. One thing I found interesting about this place, was that the hostess asked a couple of people if they would mind if they shared a table with someone else. A couple and small family of three didn't mind at all, and they followed the hostess to their tables. I told by brother that if they asked me that question, I wouldn't care at all. I just wanted good food! I couldn't help smile that other people shared my feeling. They just wanted some awesome tasting food.


We were seated at a table that was perfect for the 5 of us. Right away, my dad wrote down my order of noodles. Awesome. I didn't even have to say anything, cause everyone knows that that's what needs to be ordered. Everyone gave their order, except my mom. She had no idea what she wanted to eat, as this was her first time at the restaurant. In the end, my mom just ate a bit of everything. My dad ordered BBQ pork and rice. This was pretty good. It was nice that they put a bit of sweet cha siu sauce over the rice, on top of the flavourful cha siu.

My brother, Richard, ordered stewed beef with chow mien. Thinking about the piece of meat that I ate makes me salivate. The brisket just melted in my mouth. Oh, so heavenly. The sauce was also very good with the chow mien. And the silky soft tendons were dreamy! My mom gravitated towards Richard's deep plate of stewed beef and tendons.

My other brother, Andrew, ordered the BBQ pork and wonton noodle soup. Well, egg noodle soup. Man, I love the wontons here. They're pretty much shrimp siu mai, as Lucy said in another post. Isn't that just awesome? I can't remember what the broth exactly tasted like, but all I remember is that it was weird tasting. Weird, but in a good way.

My noodles. Extra sauce and no bean sprouts. Rice noodles with beef and chinese vegetables (in a smoky gravy-like sauce). Oh... this was happiness served on a plate. It's soooo good here! The smoky flavour of the sauce and noodles, the tender slices of pork, and the sweet vegetables. What an awesome balance.

Oh, my noodles. So tasty! Dare I say, the House of Gourmet makes it the best? Yup. I'll go there.

~*~*~
Address:
484 Dundas Street West
Toronto, ON
(416) 217-0167

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...