Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Failed Cookies with No Recipe to Call a Home – December 4, 2008


A little while ago (ahem, two months ago), I tried making chocolate chip cookies without a recipe. The past few batches of cookies turned out beautifully, so I thought I could make it from memory and feel. You see, I lost the recipe card that was the source of my success. People who know me are well aware that I am a cakes and pies fiend, but cookies will defeat me almost every single time. I am nothing without that recipe. I’m pretty sure I got it from Anna Olson’s cooking show “Sugar” on the Food Network. As long as I follow it to the tee, I turn out delicious cookies.

Well, this was not one of those times. They turned out flat and hard and reeking of vanilla. They may have turned out better if I had chilled them before baking. I ate them all myself (Jimmy won’t touch a cookie that isn’t soft and chewy), but it took me almost two weeks!

No recipe for this because I didn’t have one. It was an EPIC FAIL of a baking adventure.

On another note, I did eventually find the missing recipe card. I’ve already stashed copies all over the apartment in case I lose it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...