Thursday, February 05, 2009

Lazy Pizza Dinners

One of the things I miss about living away from home is the pizza. Don't get me wrong, I still miss my family, friends and home cooked meals. But when I'm really tired and hungry, I crave a greasy Ottawa pizza. If I were back home, I'd just call up Lorenzo's, Joe's, or Willy's. They have 3 things in common, or at least used to:
- They have a thick base and crust.. unlike Pizza Pizza!
- They have a really tasty sauce (Lorenzo's and Willy's pretty much use the same one, Joe's pizza sauce is the best though!)
- They aren't shy to lay on the cheese

The three pizza establishments are what you can call Ottawa/Lebanese-style pizzas. The pizzas in Toronto, at least the chains, just aren't the same. Probably because they're large chains.

There's two pictures in the slideshow of Lorenzo's pizza. Last night, I was craving it sooo badly! So badly! Why? Well, I went to school around 9 am to print out an assignment. I had class at 11, 2:30 and then 3:30 until 6 pm. After my portrait class, I went to try and retouch an assignment. I spent a good two hours trying to get a print I loved, but had to settle on something I was just happy about. My energy was drained and my stomach was empty. Anyway, while waiting for my prints, I was on the blog and was staring at the sad slideshow for a good 10 minutes. Everytime the picture of the Lorenzo's pizza popped up, my stomach ached. I was sad.


So my question is this, what's the better pizza places around here? I know there's a Pizza Depot, Pizza Nova and Pizza Mart. Haven't tried them yet. Are there any great pizza places near Humber College?

One last question. Has anyone had Peroni's pizza, and if so, is it any good? That's the pizza place that was on Restaurant Makeover a while back. I'd like to visit them before the school year's end. =)

~*~*~

~ Christine

I just noticed that I never blogged about the Lorenzo's pizza I had on the last day I was in Ottawa (for the Christmas break). It was AMAZING! Not heavenly, but one of the better pizza's I've had from Lorenzo's. A lot of cheese, just the right amount of sauce (that's a bit of extra sauce to everyone else), and thick pizza base and crust. As Rachael Ray would say, "Yum-oh!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...