Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Random Eats - May

I have now completely fallen off the blogging wagon. I have a giant folder of pictures that are waiting to be blogged, but I keep letting myself get distracted by promises of good eats. Since I’m not working today (it’s Canada Day, baby!), I’m going to try to clear out some of the pictures before I head over to a park for some Canada Day festivities.

~ * ~

Costco Food Court – May 10, 2009

One fine Sunday in May, we decided to go to Costco for some random bulk shopping. I hadn’t yet eaten that day, so the first stop was in the Costco “food court.”

We ordered two hotdogs, two drinks, and a poutine. It was ridiculously cheap. So cheap that I don’t remember how much I paid for it.

Costco poutine

When I first announced that I would order poutine, the Siblings insisted that it wasn’t any good at Costco. However, they didn’t say a word when they devoured it before my eyes.

Costco hot dog

The hot dog was good. The casing wasn’t as snappy as I like it, but I ate it anyway. Everything is delicious when you’re hungry. Christine and I shared a hotdog, so she was the one who dressed it. One strip of mustard and double the relish.

~ * ~

Lok Lak – May 15, 2009

Lok lak is a quick little stir fry that we often eat in the summer. Because of all the vegetables, it’s best eaten in the summer when everything is in season.

Lok lak

It’s a beef and onion stir fry on a bed of lettuce, sliced raw onions, and sliced tomatoes. Then you top it with a couple of fried eggs (runny yolks!).

Vinegar and pepper sauce

On the side, there’s always a vinegar and pepper dipping sauce. You can make it with black or white pepper—it all comes down to personal preference. This time, we used white pepper because we ran out of black pepper.

The vinegar sauce is my favourite part. It unites all the different flavours and textures of the dish in one bite.

~ * ~

Whipped Cream – May 23, 2009

One morning, I woke up and decided I would make some whipped cream.

Whipped Cream

So I did!

~ * ~

Costco Wholesale
1849 Merivale Road
(Merivale and Hunt Club)
Ottawa, ON
(613) 727-4786

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...