Sunday, March 18, 2012

Boston Pizza, Bangkok Thai Garden - Feb. 16th, 2008

While cleaning out my external hard drive, something made me look through my 2008 folder of food pictures. One folder contained the elusive Boston Pizza dinner where VN and I had the zesty baked ravioli. No wonder I couldn't find these anywhere in the 2009 food picture folder. I had thought I was going crazy!

Before VN and I got together with a few other friends at Boston Pizza, I spent the afternoon checking out the Winterlude ice sculptures with some other friends.

IMG_1183copy

IMG_1177copy

Someone was craving Thai so we met up for lunch at the Bangkok Thai Garden. We started off with a plate of spring rolls.

IMG_1173copy

IMG_1181copy

IMG_1179copy

We decided on ordering three dishes and then sharing everything. Vegetable stir-fry, pad thai and a bowl of noodle soup with chicken arrived at our table.

The only thing I remember was that the food was sub-par.


IMG_1264copy

That evening, I met up with a couple of friends at a Boston Pizza to watch a Sens game (on the TVs). While waiting for some people to arrive, VN and I each ordered lime slushies. As we looked through the menu, VN mentioned that the baked raviolis were really good.

IMG_1269copy

IMG_1271copy

We killed it in a blink of an eye. I really liked how zesty the sauce was. The more we ate the raviolis with the sauce, the spicier it got. We both enjoyed the well-baked parts of the pasta. It gave the dish more texture.

IMG_1273copy

IMG_1274copy

A few pizzas and pitchers were ordered once everyone arrived. Not bad.


Unfortunately, Boston Pizza stopped serving the baked ravioli appetizers. Instead, they only serve the raviolis as a main pasta dish. Since then, VN and I have come close to recreating the baked ravioli using store bought stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...