Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Quick Shepherd's Pie

Last Wednesday, Lucy and I planned to go skating on the Rideau Canal. Prior to dinner and our evening skate, I ran some errands which brought me to the Byward Market. There were so many better lunch options than the one I chose.

20140129_125801a
What a poor decision. I regretted it as soon as I opened my mouth and ordered a big mac meal.

Fast forward to dinner. Shepherd's pie was on the menu. Using two parts ground beef and one part ground pork, some diced onions, beef broth, crushed crackers, salt, black pepper and bay leaves, the bottom layer was ready in less than 15 minutes. The other layers were Green Giant corn and Lucy's mashed potatoes.

20140129_173756a
The two pans were broiled for a couple minutes until golden.

20140129_175317a
Lucy also made an addictive prosciutto and goat cheese salad to go with dinner.

Dinner was so comforting. I was actually surprised how quickly it was made from start to finish. Gotta make this again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...